A hive of various activities, this area is currently the most developed and is pioneering the optimisation of urban mixed-use and residential spaces.
Points of Interest
- uMhlanga has become one of the region’s most important economic hubs
- Investor confidence in uMhlanga Rocks is evident, with new and current developments totalling a conservative R10 billion
- Home to the first corporate office park in the province – La Lucia Ridge Office Estate – includes a number of national corporate head offices amongst many other multinational corporations in the legal, financial and engineering fields
- One of the fastest growing areas in South Africa – the population increased 57 percent within the 10-year census period
- Gateway Theatre of Shopping – one of the largest shopping malls in Africa
Developments in this Area
Tongaat Hulett works closely with many stakeholders to ensure the smoothest and most efficient roll-out of value creation opportunities.
Already under development with significant investment, this forward-thinking, all-inclusive urban node is a place where business, lifestyle and retail activities thrive.
Sibaya Coastal Precinct
Located on KwaZulu-Natal’s North Coast, Sibaya Coastal Precinct consists of around 1 000 hectares of spectacular coastal landscape, between the Ohlanga and uMdloti estuaries.
As a functional, vibrant and established new precinct, Bridge City combines an impressive mix of public sector facilities, services and infrastructure.
Ridgeside is a four precinct development that will complete uMhlanga Ridge. The 140 hectare site lies nestled within a rough triangle created by uMhlanga Rocks Drive and two major highways, the M4 and the M41 and on completion will effectively link uMhlanga Ridge to uMhlanga Rocks.
Umhlanga Ridge Town Centre
The uMhlanga Ridge Town Centre is a mixed-use development that falls within the eThekwini Municipality.
Kindlewood Estate is an upmarket, golf free, gated residential estate situated just South of the Mount Edgecombe Country Club Estate and bustling uMhlanga Ridge Town Centre.