BALLITO AND SURROUNDS
Situated just north of the airport, this pristine coastal region is perfect for tourism, residential and retirement development.
Points of Interest
- Substantial growth in the past five years:
- Migration of business northward to uMhlanga Ridge
- Success of estates such as Zimbali Coastal Resort
- Relocation of airport from Durban to oTongathi
- Primary sectors of retail and tourism
- Becoming a more diverse economy
- Rapid roll-out of fibre optic networks attracting companies not tied down to a geographical location
- As a growing tourist and business destination, people are attracted to the lifestyle and are prepared to commute for work
- Exponential retail growth in the last ten years with three major shopping malls (the latest including 85 000m2)
- A beach promenade of 2,5km
- Close to some of the best game parks and nature reserves in the country, and two world heritage sites.
- Host to the world’s longest running professional international surfing event.
Developments in this Area
Tongaat Hulett works closely with many stakeholders to ensure the smoothest and most efficient roll-out of value creation opportunities.
Tinley North Resort
This land asset will incorporate high-end markets, high-intensity urban mixed use, office, affordable and mid-market housing and represents the logical growth and expansion of Tinley Manor.
Located on the Eastern Seaboard of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, Tinley Manor is prime property situated approximately 10km north of the greater Ballito area, 25km from the King Shaka International Airport and 50km north of Durban.