This area comprises land in the region of King Shaka International Airport and Dube TradePort. With prime land available for development and with proximity to Durban and trade routes, this area is poised for a wide range of industrial, commercial and residential opportunities.
Points of Interest
- The third busiest airport in South Africa and the nucleas of Africa’s First purpose-built aerotropolis – Dube TradePort
- The government is committed to a growth strategy for the Tube TradePort region – being realized through the Durban Aerotropolis Initiative
- The only facility in Africa combining an international airport, dedicated cargo terminal, warehousing, offices, retail, hotels and agriculture
- Strategically situated between Africa’s two busiest maritime ports – Durban and Richards Bay
- Six international airlines flying into Durban
- Direct international passengers have risen by 61 percent over the last four years.
- Awarded Best Regional Airport in Africa and Best Airport in the World Handling Under 5 Million Passengers at the Skytrax World Airport Awards in 2016
- Existing capacity fo r7,5million people with an expansion capacity of up to 65 million
- Installed capacity of 100 000 tons with a growth capacity of up to 200 000 tons
Developments in this Area
Tongaat Hulett works closely with many stakeholders to ensure the smoothest and most efficient roll-out of value creation opportunities.
Located on the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, Compensation is a large, relatively flat landholding strategically situated adjacent to a major highway (R102) some 13km from the new King Shaka International Airport and Dube TradePort.
Located on the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, and uniquely positioned adjacent to the Dube TradePort/King Shaka International Airport precinct, Inyaninga is a planned development that also enjoys provincial road (R102) and rail access.
Located on the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, Ushukela is a landholding situated at the northern end of the 3.7 km runway of the King Shaka International Airport.
Located on the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, Lindokhule is a proposed new residential development project adjacent to the suburb of Maidstone in oThongathi for some 4 000 units, aimed at the affordable housing segment
Located on the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, Amanzimnyama is situated to the north of the King Shaka International Airport and west of the national highway (N2) that links the two of the busiest ports on the African continent: the ports of Durban and Richards Bay.
Located on the North Coast of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, Aberfoyle is a planned, integrated human settlement focussing predominantly on low income earners.