Located on KwaZulu-Natal’s North Coast, between the Ohlanga and uMdloti estuaries, Sibaya Coastal Precinct consists of around 1 000 hectares of spectacular coastal landscape.
Flanked by pristine beaches and featuring remarkable forests, the existing Sibaya Casino and Entertainment World sits centrally within the site. On completion, the development will encompass seven nodes, each with its own character. All nodes will be inspired by common development and architectural language that resonates with the principles of sustainability and the aesthetic vision upon which Sibaya Coastal Precinct is premised.
Sibaya is extremely well connected to the outside world, having proximity to both the N2 and M4 highways. This makes the Precinct accessible to Durban (23km), uMhlanga (4km) and King Shaka International Airport (7km).
In planning Sibaya Coastal Precinct, a sensitive approach to the natural world was key, with over 60 percent of the land comprising green space. The preservation of the Sibaya Coastal Forest and rehabilitation of what was once sugarcane, will lead to accessible, interconnected trails and paths for walking, running and cycling.
The seven nodes are integrated into a single destination via a green boulevard and an extensive open space network, which also gives access to a breathtaking stretch of coastline. These open public areas are accessible to visitors and residents alike, while being managed by a Management Association to ensure high standards of quality and safety are maintained.
Points of interest:
- Located on KwaZulu-Natal’s North Coast between the Ohlanga and uMdloti estuaries
- 4km from uMhlanga and 7km from King Shaka International Airport
- 1 000ha of coastal landscape
- 600ha of coastal dune forest inhabited by indigenous fauna and flora (60 percent green Space)
- 75km of paths, trails and boardwalks
- 6,5km of beach
- The Sibaya Conservation Trust will ensure the management, maintenance and rehabilitation of ecologically sensitive areas
- Designs are encouraged to make use of energy-saving and water-harvesting features, as well as natural lighting and ventilation
To take advantage of this exceptional investment opportunity and for more detailed information on Durban’s most integrated and exciting development nodes, please contact our team at Tongaat Hulett Developments (Pty) Ltd: